Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Shopping

I am not a very good shopper. I like it when I find nice things and they are on sale, but I have very little patience when it actually comes to doing so. This is probably why I end up owning only 3 pairs of pants all of which have holes in them.
This doesn't seem to be too bad of a problem for me though (except for the holes in the pants). I like to tell myself that it is much better to be someone who does not shop often as opposed to someone who spends his or her money on clothes all the time. But today I indulged myself and did my favorite type of shopping. This is the kind of shopping that costs me no money at all because I could never afford to purchase even a piece of what I am looking at. No, I did not go shopping at Tiffany's or Armani or any other expensive retail store. I took myself house shopping.
Krista and I had a nice long walk along the beach this afternoon to go to the Promenade for lunch. On the way back, we decided to take the more residential route. I saw some of the most beautiful homes this way. There were quite a few that I could see myself living in. They all tended to be relatively big, have big windows and some really nice trees. Basically, when I grow up I want to live in a house just like the one I grew up in. For anyone who never got to see the Hayne Road house, you really missed out. It had the most spectacular backyard, which I managed to transform into not only the usual jungle, but also a circus, an ocean, a battle zone, a race-track, an archival dig, a roller coaster, an ice rink, a secret garden, and I am sure so much more.
Yes, I will find a house just like it. First step toward that is to get a well paying job, or at the rate that my current job search is going, just marry rich.
My kind of shopping certainly involves a lot of imagination and even more wishful thinking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Gem. I'm glad you like shopping for big houses with big windows, but really, go pants shopping!