Thursday, January 18, 2007

Oh and. . .

I went to my "audition" on Tuesday with Revolution, an SAT prep company, and I believe it went well. Although if you had asked me Tuesday night if it went well I would not have been able to give you a straight answer. I was asked to prepare a 2-3 minute lesson to teach to 3 people who work there already and about 12 other people who also applied for this job. I decided to teach them about the basics or rugby (Krista helped me come up with this topic). I got everything I wanted to say out and I think they actually learned something about the sport. But then all the people who went after me (I was second up) were, not only all older than me as well as better dressed (suits, skirts, etc), but also seemed more confident and interactive. So I wasn't absolutely certain that I would be getting called back to training. But I guess they liked rugby because they did call me back! I will go to the training sessions with them next week and then start private tutoring in the Pacific Palisades after that. This turns out to be quite a good find as far as jobs go because it not only pays well but I can also continue to work for them in San Mateo once I go home for the summer. Hooray! I will know all there is to know about taking the SAT. I will be a useful tool for all high school aged students. If I prove that I am a good tutor though, they will move me up to be a SAT II, LSAT or MCAT tutor! Then I can be useful to even my friends! But I will still have to charge you. Sorry.
I will soon be able to afford a new camera and then I can take more (less awkward) photos to post on my blog just for you. Isn't that exciting?

1 comment:

Ashley Lane said...

ok so i have just read about your life - i needed to catch up on the happenings of my dear gemMA. your time in LA sounds fantastic! im so glad things are going well :)

so do you think you could be my math tutor, im actually taking a math class - and im not a fan (although yesterday we spent the enitre class going over how to graph - this is a y axis, and an x axis. and this is how you plot a point....i guess im ok with that stuff haha)

oh and one other thing, i have a small request - i hope that you arent saying silly socal things like 'THE 405' or 'THE 101' that just wont do, i wont be able to handle that

i wuf you!!