Friday, February 23, 2007

About time!

I have finally bought a camera! This means pictures in future posts to please you. As much as I am dedicated to pleasing you, the significance of this is really that my love of photography has been re-awakened by the purchase. I took photography in high school for two years which means I just started to get good and get into an experimental phase before I left for college where it was difficult to get into a photography class (first you have to take Drawing I, then of course you need to make sure it isn't at the same time as your much anticipated animation class). You can see my work as featured on the walls of my mum's house and my dorm room. I used to think that film was for professional photography and digital pictures were for goofing around with your friends. Now that I no longer have access to a photo lab, digital photography shall have to run the gamut on types of pictures taken. Although I still have my super nice film camera, I can see it sitting next to me feeling increasingly lonely, taking pictures I plan to develop myself only to remember that I don't have that option is kind of a damper.
I suppose since I have told you that I have a camera I should put up some pictures or this post wouldn't really do my new camera justice. I have only taken 3 pictures.
This is Krista Foley, my "mum" for the term. She is being silly. In all fairness, I didn't give her much warning time.

This is the Santa Monica beach.

This is near my work in Burbank. It struck me. So I took a really fast picture. Sorry if it seems a bit too depressing or ominous, I think you can handle it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty lady!