Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Time for Truth

Blogging has made me come face to face with my true nature. Because I now type out what I think and feel and send it off for the whole world to view, I have realized that I have a somewhat fickle personality when it comes to people. I knew this before, but now I find it harder to deny when other people are reading what I only used to think. I can like and respect someone one day, and then find them to be a terribly annoying loser the next.
Those high schoolers might be snotty, but they are MY snotty 16 year olds and I was sad to see them for the final time tonight. Once the last of my students had left the room, after profusely complaining that the other class had already been let out, I felt a slow weight beginning to descend. I have taught them everything they need to know and now I must let go of their hands and send them out on their own to repeatedly color over letters A through E. The sadness that accompanies every parting I have ever made was just as strong and even more surprising than usual tonight. I attribute this to the fact that they were my first class and as annoying as they could get, they will hold a special place in my ever changeful heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you done good giminey.... i am fearsomely proud of you.

you should record your laugh so anyone who needs to hear it can just hit a'laugh button'

Gemma said...

Thanks mum. . . .