Friday, March 16, 2007

I think I was bored. . .

Very recently I have had a lack of inspiration when it comes to writing my posts. I can't really see why because my life hasn't changed much save for the fact that I have been incredibly productive at the archive. The database is finally up and running on all fronts. I say this with extreme pride. I was able to take Steve's ideas and basic structure and turn it into a concrete being. I call it a being because it is almost a living thing. It is like my child. I shall make my database feminine. I made her basically from scratch and taught her do what I asked her to. Sometimes she did not obey me, like any child, but as she grew and matured, she learned that doing as I say isn't so difficult, like every ideal child. Soon she will be out of my hands and all I can do is hope that she can operate without me.
This leaves me with very little to do on my last day of work. I literally am sitting here twiddling my thumbs. Though, not while I type, that would be a challenge. Perhaps I do not want to write anything in my blog because I have realized that soon the designated time length I gave for my blog will be over. I am doubtful that I will be nearly as interesting once I have returned to Dartmouth. This is not to say that Dartmouth is not an interesting place, quite the contrary. Only, I won't have the same sort of animation inspirations surrounding me. . .
This is why I have taken to recently reading and re-reading the internships posted by Pixar and Dreamworks for this summer. I plan to get one of the internships offered by either of them. If anyone reading this happens to know someone high up at either of these places, I would greatly appreciate and introduction.
Ah! I am just so bored with this post, I don't even know if I should I post it. . . . Oh but I will just because I can. One of the best reasons ever made.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gem,
As I recall there were several suggested responses to your blog and I'm here to post them both.

Gemma, what a brilliant blog!
Gemma, I eagerly await your next post!

So there. Keep blogging. It's a great way to keep up to date....sort of. I promise I will send you actual mail too....on various sheets of my extensive stationery collection.

Miss you. See you soon.

Love, Krista

Emma said...

Gemma! you took me off your frequent! i am hurt....