Friday, August 3, 2007

My Counter

I would now like to direct your attention a little bit down the page and to the left. There you shall find a counter that, as of Thursday night, was around 300. It was suggested to me on Tuesday that I put a counter up so that I could see how many people visit my blog. I did not have a counter prior to this because the number would have only made me sad knowing that only 2 people read my blog on any given day. However, in two days time my counter has reached an amazing 300 hits. Good job blog. I owe this large number to my 2 posts about classic illustration (and to the archive's blog directing people here).
While it is too much to hope that many, if any, of those 300 visitors will become frequent readers, I am proud nonetheless. I have to admit that I hope many of those people do not become regulars. Although I realize by posting online I am giving anyone access to what I have written, it always used to be friends and family who read this, and now I am not as sure. The pressure to write interesting posts has just increased!
I am making the drive home to the Bay Area tomorrow and leaving behind a few things I have come to realize I will truly hate to part with at the end of the summer. Not to be too sentimental but I will really miss seeing Alex so often; that has been amazing. I will also miss the archive and everything that comes with it (Steve, access to an incredible amount of animation and art, and being near many people who work with animation on a daily basis). Perhaps this short trip home will prepare me for the longer parting at the end of the summer.
I will now leave you so that I can rest up for my drive tomorrow and I promise to report back on how the Bay Area is doing, how my visit to Google goes, and I shall also continue to post about the illustrations (next is The Tempest).

No comments: